Criminal Injury Claims

Contact us

Our phone lines are open

Monday-Friday 8:30am-6:00pm

Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm

Sunday 10:00am-4:00pm

We are closed on Bank Holidays

Request a callback

If you were a victim of a criminal injury then our professional serious injury panel can help you claim compensation. We understand the pain and distress you are experiencing as a result of this violent offence. You shouldn’t worry about a thing as we will manage your case towards a definitive outcome.

Legal assist provides high-quality legal aid for its clients and throughout your claim, you will receive expert advice on making a criminal injury compensation claim.

Eligibility for a Criminal Injury Claim

It’s preferable to know if you’re eligible for a claim right away. You are eligible if you:

  • Criminal injury is serious enough to qualify for the least compensation sum of £1000.00.
  • Had a loss of earnings or any other expenses during the criminal offence.
  • Are submitting your criminal injury application within the 2 years of the incident.
  • Someone close to you died in the accident such as your parent, child, spouse etc.

Your applications can be accepted even after two years as most people are in an unreasonable situation to apply within this time.

Criminal Injuries you can claim for

Criminal injuries can be extremely painful and can leave you and your family in critical condition. Especially if you are the main provider of your household. This is where the criminal injuries compensation authority helps the victims.

The criminal injuries compensation authority (CICA) is in charge of administering the criminal injuries compensation scheme, which pays out compensation to victims of criminal injuries.

The following are criminal injuries that you can claim for right now,

  • Attempted murder
  • Firearm injuries
  • GBH
  • Assault
  • Domestic violence
  • Knife attacks
  • Murder of a relative
  • Mutilation
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder
  • Rape
  • Robbery with violence
  • Sexual abuse
  • Terrorism injuries
  • Torture

How to claim compensation for Criminal Injury?

If you are a victim of a serious criminal injury then you can make a no win no fee claim. To make a criminal injury claim, you must:

  • Not have partaken in the crime in any way (the injury shouldn’t have been forced)
  • Instantly tell the police about the crime.
  • Help the police with whatever information is required.
  • Get medical attention for your criminal injuries.

No win No fee

Our panel of dedicated solicitors offer a ‘No Win No Fee’ service on Personal Injury, Housing Disrepair and Financial Claims. ‘ No Win No Fee’ is an agreement between you and your solicitor which means they will work for you without you having to pay anything upfront, or anything if your case is unsuccessful. 

Full terms and conditions will be included in your solicitors agreement. For more information visit our ‘No Win No Fee’ page.

Request a callback from our team

Clinical, Medical & Dental Negligence

If you had an elective surgery such as a total hip, knee or shoulder replacement, a complex trauma surgery or even a simple procedure which has gone terribly wrong, or perhaps you were misdiagnosed or your conditions worsened significantly after medical intervention, there may be grounds to make a claim for any malpractice which has caused injury, adverse effects, suffering or loss. This also includes child birth too. Negligence and breach cases come in many forms which can be genuine but costly mistakes, poor medical standards, or a serious breach of duty which can impact a patient’s health, safety, appearance, and wellbeing. Legal Assist has a dedicated panel of medical negligence solicitors which are specialists in complicated negligence matters. They have helped claimants all over the UK claim the compensation they deserve against the public and private health sectors. You can start a medical negligence claim within 3 years of finding out about the negligence or breach, or if you were a child at the time of the treatment, you have 3 years from the date of your 18th Birthday to make a claim.

Housing Disrepair

If you are a housing association or local council tenant that’s experiencing disrepair such as damp, mould, structural defects, and leaks in your home, Legal Assist has a panel of law firms which specialise in housing disrepair claims so you can seek the repairs and compensation you may be entitled to. Our panel members are experienced professionals ready to tackle any challenges you face. 

Call our experts today on

Request a callback from our team