Fatal Injury Claims

Contact us

Our phone lines are open

Monday-Friday 8:30am-6:00pm

Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm

Sunday 10:00am-4:00pm

We are closed on Bank Holidays

Request a callback

It’s difficult to lose a loved one at any time, but it’s particularly hard when they die in an accident that wasn’t even their fault. We understand that filing a compensation claim for the loss of your loved one might not be at the top of your mind right now.

However, these events demand unexpected expenses. For instance, the amount to be spent on the funeral, or if the partner is partially or fully reliant on the victim financially. We can help in dealing with these elements as you need professional advice in such delicate situations.

Our panel of experts can provide valuable guidance on your fatal injury claim. You can get compensated and can get your life back on track for this unfortunate event.

Major types of Fatal Accident Claims

You can apply for a fatal accident claim if the victim was not responsible for the incident. Even if they were partially at fault in the collision, this could still work in your favour.

Some examples of fatal injuries include,

  • Sporting accidents
  • Motor vehicle accidents
  • Fatal work accidents
  • Medical misdiagnosis
  • Road traffic collision
  • Industrial injuries
  • Criminal injuries

We completely understand, If you are not willing to push for a claim at this moment. But free legal advice will only enhance your knowledge regarding your compensation. Contact legal assist now.

Eligibility for a Fatal Accident Claim

If your loved one has died in an accident that wasn’t their fault, then you can apply for fatal accident compensation. However, the accident had to be 3 years old and the victim had in no way been involved in provoking the fatal accident.

Who can make a Fatal Injury Claim?

There are two types of people who can make a fatal injury claim for the deceased. The dependents of the fatal injury victim and the administrator of the deceased are eligible to make the claim. The dependents are:

  • Spouses
  • Partners (Prior to the accident, the couple must have lived together for two years)
  • Civil partners
  • Parents(step and adoptive parents are included)
  • Children(step-children are included)
  • Siblings
  • Grandparents

How much will you be compensated for a Fatal Accident Claim?

At this moment, it is impossible to calculate the actual amount of the compensation. We get hundreds of claims every week and they are unique in every sense. But after assessing your case and looking at all the minor and major details, we can set a bar which will help us approach your case in court.

No win No fee

Our panel of dedicated solicitors offer a ‘No Win No Fee’ service on Personal Injury, Housing Disrepair and Financial Claims. ‘ No Win No Fee’ is an agreement between you and your solicitor which means they will work for you without you having to pay anything upfront, or anything if your case is unsuccessful. 

Full terms and conditions will be included in your solicitors agreement. For more information visit our ‘No Win No Fee’ page.

Request a callback from our team

Clinical, Medical & Dental Negligence

If you had an elective surgery such as a total hip, knee or shoulder replacement, a complex trauma surgery or even a simple procedure which has gone terribly wrong, or perhaps you were misdiagnosed or your conditions worsened significantly after medical intervention, there may be grounds to make a claim for any malpractice which has caused injury, adverse effects, suffering or loss. This also includes child birth too. Negligence and breach cases come in many forms which can be genuine but costly mistakes, poor medical standards, or a serious breach of duty which can impact a patient’s health, safety, appearance, and wellbeing. Legal Assist has a dedicated panel of medical negligence solicitors which are specialists in complicated negligence matters. They have helped claimants all over the UK claim the compensation they deserve against the public and private health sectors. You can start a medical negligence claim within 3 years of finding out about the negligence or breach, or if you were a child at the time of the treatment, you have 3 years from the date of your 18th Birthday to make a claim.

Housing Disrepair

If you are a housing association or local council tenant that’s experiencing disrepair such as damp, mould, structural defects, and leaks in your home, Legal Assist has a panel of law firms which specialise in housing disrepair claims so you can seek the repairs and compensation you may be entitled to. Our panel members are experienced professionals ready to tackle any challenges you face. 

Call our experts today on

Request a callback from our team