Property Law

Contact us

Our phone lines are open

Monday-Friday 8:30am-6:00pm

Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm

Sunday 10:00am-4:00pm

We are closed on Bank Holidays

Request a callback

Whether you’re looking to purchase, sell, or remortgage a property, our experienced staff can help you through the difficult legal formalities involved.

For a normal individual, the property affair can seem daunting as there is a lot to cover in quick successions. Our panel of experts can deliver quality conveyancing whether you are planning to buy, sell, or remortgage a property.

Every type of property and transaction requires an expert solicitor that specialises in that department. Our team can successfully manage your property with the help of their knowledge and experience.

What is involved in Property Law?

Property law oversees the numerous types of real and personal property ownership and tenancy. It also establishes the principles and rules for resolving property disputes.

Property Law covers everything that is related to property. Let’s have a look at some of them,

  • Purchasing and selling real estate for personal use, buy-to-let, and other ventures.
  • Transactions involving high-value properties, such as houses in central London
  • Buying a residential property
  • Selling a residential property
  • Property investors’ transactions
  • Existing mortgages can be refinanced, new mortgages can be obtained, and existing mortgages can be redeemed.
  • Owning a joint property
  • Equity release plans
  • Charitable organisations can own property.
  • Freehold, leasehold and lease extension.

Our residential conveyancing team work closely with our property law team to make the process as seamless as possible.

How much will a solicitor cost?

At legal assist, we will assess your case the first chance we get and provide a detailed quote. This quotation will be based on our conversation and the plan of action agreed upon.

In order to provide you with the best possible assurance and transparency, we will provide you with a contract detailing estimated costs and a timeline, either on a fixed fee basis or on an hourly basis with staged payments on account.

If the case gets complicated, for example, the case is presented to the crown court then we might agree to change the fees and leave our standard fixed fee.

Request a callback from our team

No win No fee

Our panel of dedicated solicitors offer a ‘No Win No Fee’ service on Personal Injury, Housing Disrepair and Financial Claims. ‘ No Win No Fee’ is an agreement between you and your solicitor which means they will work for you without you having to pay anything upfront, or anything if your case is unsuccessful. 

Full terms and conditions will be included in your solicitors agreement. For more information visit our ‘No Win No Fee’ page.

Request a callback from our team

Clinical, Medical & Dental Negligence

If you had an elective surgery such as a total hip, knee or shoulder replacement, a complex trauma surgery or even a simple procedure which has gone terribly wrong, or perhaps you were misdiagnosed or your conditions worsened significantly after medical intervention, there may be grounds to make a claim for any malpractice which has caused injury, adverse effects, suffering or loss. This also includes child birth too. Negligence and breach cases come in many forms which can be genuine but costly mistakes, poor medical standards, or a serious breach of duty which can impact a patient’s health, safety, appearance, and wellbeing. Legal Assist has a dedicated panel of medical negligence solicitors which are specialists in complicated negligence matters. They have helped claimants all over the UK claim the compensation they deserve against the public and private health sectors. You can start a medical negligence claim within 3 years of finding out about the negligence or breach, or if you were a child at the time of the treatment, you have 3 years from the date of your 18th Birthday to make a claim.

Housing Disrepair

If you are a housing association or local council tenant that’s experiencing disrepair such as damp, mould, structural defects, and leaks in your home, Legal Assist has a panel of law firms which specialise in housing disrepair claims so you can seek the repairs and compensation you may be entitled to. Our panel members are experienced professionals ready to tackle any challenges you face. 

Call our experts today on

Request a callback from our team