Slip, Trip And Falls

Contact us

Our phone lines are open

Monday-Friday 8:30am-6:00pm

Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm

Sunday 10:00am-4:00pm

We are closed on Bank Holidays

Request a callback

You have the right to feel comfortable in public spaces such as shops and bars, as well as while strolling on sidewalks and pathways.

Whenever you head out, businesses and the local council are required by law to obey health and safety regulations that protect you and other members of the public. For example, doing extensive risk evaluation, eliminating the loopholes and damp floors, and repairing broken or potholed pavements in a timely manner are all examples of this.

If the business owner or the local council failed to take necessary measures and you were hurt as a consequence, you may be able to file a personal injury claim to compensate you for the physical, psychological, and financial effects your accident had on you and those around you.

Most people tend to carry on as they feel embarrassed and think that it’s their fault. Our experts at legal assist assure you that only you were the victim as it was the negligence of others that came into play.

You can contact our legal advisers for an initial assessment of your situation. They will help you find out if you have a personal injury claim in your hand.

Making a claim against your Local Council

The highway act clearly addresses the responsibility of the local council to maintain the safety of the public space for all. Ensuring that the pavements, sidewalks, public roads and parks are safe for the visitors.

If they fail to comply with their duties then a claim should be filed against them by the victims of the incident.

  • In snowy or icy circumstances, gritting roads and pavements make them less slippery.
  • Repairing potholes and cracks in the road, particularly if they have the potential to cause major accidents for automobiles,
  • Motorcycles, and other road users.
  • Fixing faulty equipment or flooring at public playgrounds that might cause injury to children or parents overseeing them.
  • Ensure that paths have adequate illumination ensuring that thrown garbage does not choke up pathways.
  • Ensure that proper signage is present near roadworks.

You find anything similar? Let us help you, contact Legal Assist right now.

Slips trips and falls in public places

Most of our slips, trips and fall claims relate to public spots as there are plenty of loopholes in the safety system. This too can become dangerous for the public if the local council fails to maintain the standard.

And a lot goes into managing these areas, slips and trips can occur on playing fields, steps and pavements due to uneven and broken surfaces.

Other areas

In addition to public settings, slips and trips can also occur in offices, factories, shops, supermarkets and restaurants. There are several causes for this, which we will discuss below.

  • Wet floors and objects that cause trips
  • Bad lighting
  • An uneven and broken surface
  • Badly measured steps

No win No fee

Our panel of dedicated solicitors offer a ‘No Win No Fee’ service on Personal Injury, Housing Disrepair and Financial Claims. ‘ No Win No Fee’ is an agreement between you and your solicitor which means they will work for you without you having to pay anything upfront, or anything if your case is unsuccessful. 

Full terms and conditions will be included in your solicitors agreement. For more information visit our ‘No Win No Fee’ page.

Request a callback from our team

Clinical, Medical & Dental Negligence

If you had an elective surgery such as a total hip, knee or shoulder replacement, a complex trauma surgery or even a simple procedure which has gone terribly wrong, or perhaps you were misdiagnosed or your conditions worsened significantly after medical intervention, there may be grounds to make a claim for any malpractice which has caused injury, adverse effects, suffering or loss. This also includes child birth too. Negligence and breach cases come in many forms which can be genuine but costly mistakes, poor medical standards, or a serious breach of duty which can impact a patient’s health, safety, appearance, and wellbeing. Legal Assist has a dedicated panel of medical negligence solicitors which are specialists in complicated negligence matters. They have helped claimants all over the UK claim the compensation they deserve against the public and private health sectors. You can start a medical negligence claim within 3 years of finding out about the negligence or breach, or if you were a child at the time of the treatment, you have 3 years from the date of your 18th Birthday to make a claim.

Housing Disrepair

If you are a housing association or local council tenant that’s experiencing disrepair such as damp, mould, structural defects, and leaks in your home, Legal Assist has a panel of law firms which specialise in housing disrepair claims so you can seek the repairs and compensation you may be entitled to. Our panel members are experienced professionals ready to tackle any challenges you face. 

Call our experts today on

Request a callback from our team