Tenancy Deposit Law

Contact us

Our phone lines are open

Monday-Friday 8:30am-6:00pm

Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm

Sunday 10:00am-4:00pm

We are closed on Bank Holidays

Request a callback

As a tenant, your tenancy deposit should be safe, since every landlord is governed by law to safely deliver the deposit to an authorised tenancy deposit protection scheme. This helps protect your deposit so that the landlord is restricted from spending it.

You can apply for a tenancy deposit claim if your landlord has failed to protect your deposit. Our team will help you get compensation for your lost deposit.

The schemes that protect your deposits

At the time you leave the rented property, your landlord needs to ensure that you receive the complete deposit. Throughout your stay at the property, your deposit (if submitted by the landlord) is protected by;

  • Tenancy deposit scheme (TDS)
  • Deposit protection scheme (DPS)
  • My deposits

In addition, landlords must inform their tenants about the deposit protection scheme they used.

How much you can get compensated for TDC?

In a situation where the landlord has not returned the deposit back to the tenant, the court normally compensates from one to three times the deposited amount. But as cases vary, so does the compensation.

But you don’t have to worry as we will work hard in getting you compensated. With our proven legal process, we will be able to increase your compensation to the maximum.

Are you eligible for a Tenancy Deposit Claim?

Your tenancy deposit claim is valid if;

You are sure or suspect that your landlord didn’t protect your tenancy deposit.
You were not provided with the deposit scheme protection certificate within the first 30 days.
At the end of your stay, you didn’t get your deposit back.

If you think you are eligible to claim then contact legal assist today. We are looking forward to helping you.

No win No fee

Our panel of dedicated solicitors offer a ‘No Win No Fee’ service on Personal Injury, Housing Disrepair and Financial Claims. ‘ No Win No Fee’ is an agreement between you and your solicitor which means they will work for you without you having to pay anything upfront, or anything if your case is unsuccessful. 

Full terms and conditions will be included in your solicitors agreement. For more information visit our ‘No Win No Fee’ page.

Request a callback from our team

Request a callback from our team

Clinical, Medical & Dental Negligence

If you had an elective surgery such as a total hip, knee or shoulder replacement, a complex trauma surgery or even a simple procedure which has gone terribly wrong, or perhaps you were misdiagnosed or your conditions worsened significantly after medical intervention, there may be grounds to make a claim for any malpractice which has caused injury, adverse effects, suffering or loss. This also includes child birth too. Negligence and breach cases come in many forms which can be genuine but costly mistakes, poor medical standards, or a serious breach of duty which can impact a patient’s health, safety, appearance, and wellbeing. Legal Assist has a dedicated panel of medical negligence solicitors which are specialists in complicated negligence matters. They have helped claimants all over the UK claim the compensation they deserve against the public and private health sectors. You can start a medical negligence claim within 3 years of finding out about the negligence or breach, or if you were a child at the time of the treatment, you have 3 years from the date of your 18th Birthday to make a claim.

Housing Disrepair

If you are a housing association or local council tenant that’s experiencing disrepair such as damp, mould, structural defects, and leaks in your home, Legal Assist has a panel of law firms which specialise in housing disrepair claims so you can seek the repairs and compensation you may be entitled to. Our panel members are experienced professionals ready to tackle any challenges you face. 

Call our experts today on

Request a callback from our team